Followers

Scrappy and Happy in Ohio~

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner

To Do List

Sew rows on Happy Hour Quilt
Finish No-Sew Quilt
Jacket ( button)
Shorts (mend)
Shirt (mend)
Khris Bag(start)
Peg's Bag(start)



Who links to me?

This Blog is...

This blog is Betty approved

My Memes

My Trophy Case

See My Widgets

Blog 365

Picturing Life

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hop Over to Cricket's Hearth

Cricket's Hearth

Go Chuck~

Foster Me Up

QVC Ring

QVC-Ohio

Mystery Quilters

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Blog-A-Mama

Blog-A-Holics

Small Is Beautiful

The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

Blog Guilt Free

Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love

You comment; I reply.

Star

Blog Designed by:

Photobucket

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Today I am grateful for something to do~




So here I was...sitting at the table wondering if it would be a good idea or not to go to bed early. It's 7:30 p.m. TOO early.

I am feeling squelched, squished, and not creative at all. I live to create...it is my self-expression. I have been quilting and making jammie bottoms for quite some time. And, as anyone who does either can tell you, I have lots of fabric. So it's not like there is lack of things to do. In fact, there are many tops in need of quilting and I do just-so-happen to have a quilter and frame. UGH~

So I prayed. I do NOT like depression. So...now I am ironing fabric:). I cranked up the Praise-n-Worship music, got out the ole ironing board, and turned the iron on. God is sooo amazing!

Ironing is somehow soothing to my soul. I learned how to from my mom, of course. Then later on, I made a deal with my Dad. He needed his work clothes ironed and I needed an iron and ironing board. He bought them and I ironed:). I think I just hit on why ironing soothes me. It is an emotional connection to my parents. Wow~ Imagine THAT! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Gotta get back to the task at hand.

Hugs,

Phyl


Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Allie aka Cute Girl said...

sweeping is like that for me. something in clearing the dust from the floor clears it from my head. ironing can also be a way to create order seeing as it straightens things out. also it gives you time to think/ straighten things out in your own head. love the picture for fabric therapy cause it is so ironically true for you! hugs momma