Followers

Scrappy and Happy in Ohio~

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner

To Do List

Sew rows on Happy Hour Quilt
Finish No-Sew Quilt
Jacket ( button)
Shorts (mend)
Shirt (mend)
Khris Bag(start)
Peg's Bag(start)



Who links to me?

This Blog is...

This blog is Betty approved

My Memes

My Trophy Case

See My Widgets

Blog 365

Picturing Life

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hop Over to Cricket's Hearth

Cricket's Hearth

Go Chuck~

Foster Me Up

QVC Ring

QVC-Ohio

Mystery Quilters

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Blog-A-Mama

Blog-A-Holics

Small Is Beautiful

The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

Blog Guilt Free

Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love

You comment; I reply.

Star

Blog Designed by:

Photobucket

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tender moment:).

A few years back, I was in West Virginia for a wedding. While I was outside having a cigarette, 3 burley looking biker dudes rode up.

One stood outside to smoke while the others went into register. The guy and I struck up a conversation and he told me, with tears in his eyes, that they had all been in Viet Nam together and had just made a trek to The Memorial Wall in Washington. D.C. He had been so overwhelmed and touched by the wall and, of course, had learned the fate of many of his fellow soldiers.

I was so moved by this man and his words that I could barely speak...all the while the horrors of what our public did to those men when they came home, reeling through my head. He walked away to go find his room-mates and I just couldn't let our moment end like that. I followed him inside, walked up to him, and held out my hand.

As he took my hand, I started to cry as I said, "I am so sorry for the way you were treated. I appreciate, from the bottom of my heart, everything you and all the men did, the sacrafice's you made, and the price you paid to serve this country." He was so touched; he shook my hand with tears in his eyes. I could barely walk away.

Just felt like sharing this wonderful moment of my life.

Hugs, Phyl

No comments: