Followers

Scrappy and Happy in Ohio~

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner

To Do List

Sew rows on Happy Hour Quilt
Finish No-Sew Quilt
Jacket ( button)
Shorts (mend)
Shirt (mend)
Khris Bag(start)
Peg's Bag(start)



Who links to me?

This Blog is...

This blog is Betty approved

My Memes

My Trophy Case

See My Widgets

Blog 365

Picturing Life

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hop Over to Cricket's Hearth

Cricket's Hearth

Go Chuck~

Foster Me Up

QVC Ring

QVC-Ohio

Mystery Quilters

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Blog-A-Mama

Blog-A-Holics

Small Is Beautiful

The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

Blog Guilt Free

Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love

You comment; I reply.

Star

Blog Designed by:

Photobucket

Friday, April 18, 2008

Bloggers Unite is an opportunity for bloggers, vloggers, and photobloggers to use their space to make the world a better place.

While the words might change from country to country and are sometimes taken for granted, human rights represent one of the universally agreed upon ideas — that all people are born with basic rights and freedoms that include life, liberty, and justice. This year marks the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the United Nations.

Bloggers Unite For Human Rights challenges bloggers everywhere to help elevate human rights by drawing attention to the challenges and successes of human rights issues on May 15. What those topics may include — the wrongful imprisonment of journalists covering assemblies, governments that ignore the plight of citizens, and censorship of the Internet. What is important is that on one day, thousands of bloggers unite and share their unified support of human rights everywhere.


Now, I have a challenge for you. Between now and May 15, 2008, go to the Bloggers Unite Site and join up. Then, on May 15 write your post on this important issue. The site will remind you to post via email and to post a link to your post for others to find.

If you do so, leave your link here in the Mr. Linky because I would love to come and visit you...and I will come on the 15th of May to read and comment on your post. Together we can make a difference!


5 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Phyl,I'm with you on this one.

Mike Golch said...

Phyl,I added a link on my site to yours and asking people to come and join.I hope they do.I put my words where my mouth is and signed up.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the heads up, PhyL!

I participated in one of these some time ago and have now joined in the May 15th one.

SaoirseDaily2 said...

I will try to come up with something, but you know my favorite saying, It's all good now that I have given up hope!

Raine said...

hi! hope you dont mind me adding my link here.. I like your blog.. I'll try to visit as often as I can.. :)