Followers

Scrappy and Happy in Ohio~

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner

To Do List

Sew rows on Happy Hour Quilt
Finish No-Sew Quilt
Jacket ( button)
Shorts (mend)
Shirt (mend)
Khris Bag(start)
Peg's Bag(start)



Who links to me?

This Blog is...

This blog is Betty approved

My Memes

My Trophy Case

See My Widgets

Blog 365

Picturing Life

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hop Over to Cricket's Hearth

Cricket's Hearth

Go Chuck~

Foster Me Up

QVC Ring

QVC-Ohio

Mystery Quilters

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Blog-A-Mama

Blog-A-Holics

Small Is Beautiful

The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

Blog Guilt Free

Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love

You comment; I reply.

Star

Blog Designed by:

Photobucket

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Stuck in a moment



You know, God never ever fails to amaze me. Hence the word amazing, huh? I have been in prayer for some time concerning a situation that has been in my life for 25 years now. It involves a man...doesn't it always?

My prayer of late has been, "Lord why do I hang on,cling to this man, the memories, the thought of what-if? Why can't I let him go...get on with my life? Please, God, either take this desire from me or fulfill it."

Well, let me tell you two things:

1. God doesn't care how He gets the message to you.

2. He doesn't care who He uses to bless you!

Two things happened yesterday that were like kicks-in-the-proverbial-rear. The rear just so happens to belong to me. Alana and I were parallel-playing, she on her computer making graphics; me on mine blog hopping. As often happens, she had the music going. So here we are going happily along when I stopped because a song had gotten my attention.

Here is what I heard:

You've got to get yourself together.
You've got stuck in a moment
And now you can't get out of it.
Don't say that later will be better
Now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it
.

Ouch! You know how they say what we most dislike in someone else is a direct reflection of something we dislike in ourselves? Ahem...well, I used to get so aggravated with someone in my life because they were stuck in the past...in their glory days...and not, in my nasty opinion, living in their todays. God, forgive me my judgemental hateful attitude. Lord, let me see my fualts and not someone elses. In the future when I feel the need to judge any one help me to look within.

I went back to my blog hopping and then is when the second thing happened. After checking my RSS Feed to see who had posted lately, I went to one of my regular hops and this is what I read:

Can’t forgive the jerk, forget the past, or forsake your bad habits? Christ can! And he lives within you.

This is what I saw:



Lyrics for Stuck In A Moment by U2 here.



Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Greatfullivin said...

Hi Phyl!!!! Your blog look is back...so cute! Isn't it great when we feel like we are singled out to hear God's words of the day for our lives. I am in Tombstone Arizona, working our way slowly home. I miss having the time to hop around to all my favorites.(I will be stealing your blog hopper) Take care my girl...you are getting stronger every day!!(((HUGS)))

luvmy4sons said...

Too cool! So glad ministered to you through words I posted inspired and written originally by Max Lucado! the Lord uses us all! To Him be the glory!