Followers

Scrappy and Happy in Ohio~

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner

To Do List

Sew rows on Happy Hour Quilt
Finish No-Sew Quilt
Jacket ( button)
Shorts (mend)
Shirt (mend)
Khris Bag(start)
Peg's Bag(start)



Who links to me?

This Blog is...

This blog is Betty approved

My Memes

My Trophy Case

See My Widgets

Blog 365

Picturing Life

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hop Over to Cricket's Hearth

Cricket's Hearth

Go Chuck~

Foster Me Up

QVC Ring

QVC-Ohio

Mystery Quilters

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Blog-A-Mama

Blog-A-Holics

Small Is Beautiful

The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

Blog Guilt Free

Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love

You comment; I reply.

Star

Blog Designed by:

Photobucket

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Answered prayers~

Monday my son left for boot camp. He had to go to Cleveland for the night and then yesterday, he flew to Great Lakes.

He got a few second phone call and let us know he made it safe and sound~ I know he will be okay, but it is weird not having him home...making me giggle with his sharp wit-or giving me those great hugs. Please remember him in your prayers.

On a smaller note...pun intended...I let his girlfriend keep her drawf hamsters here cos her mother refuses to have any animals at her home. So, Munchies and Lady did what critters do...they had a litter. Two babies...both boys. The lil suckers go into heat as soon as they deliver and the kids didnt find the first litter until it was too late. So....there was another litter. This time there were 7 babies!!!

We did, however, get the dad and the older sons moved out of the cage before another litter was conceived. These babies are now 2.5 weeks old and hell bent on "breaking out of jail." Monday, three of them made the great escape. Two were immediately re-captured close to the scene of the crime. My favorite, Smokey, is the runt and he eluded capture. Its been 48 hours and no sign of him so we assumed the worst. Hubby was just in the basement and heard scratching in the furnace vent...close to the filter. All I can say is, "Thank God for furnace filters!" It kept Smokey from getting burnt up. I grabbed some food, and something to replace the filter long enough for Smokey to hopefully come out, and then we pulled the filter out slowly. Guess whos adorable lil face followed the filter out? He is fine...eating lots and drinking tons of water. Of course, I had to call all the kids and tell them that God answered my prayers and Smokey is ok. We are all amazed!

God is faithful...even in the lil things~

Phyl

1 comment:

Allie aka Cute Girl said...

update: another litter arrived... ROTFLMAO... so what are you now like officially the ancient grandmother?! lol